The above image is a screenshot of eDrawings Viewer
, courtesy of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation.
ECAD/MCAD Collaboration - STEP file export
ZofzPCB can be used as ECAD to MCAD collaboration tool.
3D model of an assembled PCB, created by ZofzPCB, can be saved as a STEP (ISO 10303) AP214 file and loaded into any mechanical CAD (MCAD). ZofzPCB provides two distinct features.
- You need to collect only STEP 3D models of the mechanically demanding parts, like specific connectors or switches. All other typical components will be created on the fly for you.
- Connecting virtually any electronic design software to any mechanical 3D CAD via Gerber-Set files or IPC-2581 file (ECAD→ZofzPCB) and STEP AP214 (ZofzPCB→MCAD).
Note that the models created by ZofzPCB are granted public domain license – use it as you like.
Applications / Use:
- System design
- Enclosure design
- ECAD/MCAD Collaboration
- Generate 3d STEP models of electronic components, out of footprints
- Gerber to 3D STEP
- IPC-2581 to 3D STEP
- Data Exchange
Download STEP File Examples
How do I create a STEP file?
- Load gerber files to ZofzPCB
- Check the 3d view, adjust component models
- Hide components you want to substitute own models for
- Menu: Files / STEP Export
- File Explorer "Save As" dialog shows up.
- Select the export Mode:
You can specify objects to export using dedicated checkboxes.
In the case of multilayer PCB, all internal layers are merged into one core.
(Or two cores, in case of blind vias.) The Mechanical Mode lets you export
any combination of the external PCB layers and components. Object colors are preselected.
- Export All
The program will export everything in detail—even the metalization of drills and internal layers.
Object colors are taken from the PCB colors setup.
- As Main View
As above, except layers and component selection is taken from the side panel.
- Choose STEP file path and press the STEP Export button.
Notes, Features, version 2.0
- ZofzPCB STEP export feature makes use of facilities provided by the Open CASCADE Technology software.
- STEP AP214 (AP214IS) - ISO 10303-21
- Component names are: "Value(RefID)" where Value is taken from BOM and RefID from IPC-356.
- Each component is separately constructed and placed, even if the model is repeated.
Trial, 49€, 149€